HMS Reopening Policies
Due to the continued need to protect community producers and staff members from the direct threat of the COVID virus, the following COVID-Related Safety Policies will be implemented, effective June 14, 2021.
· All persons will be required to wear a mask to enter the building. Additionally, a normal temperature must be verified. Anyone entering the HMS facilities must sign in with the security officer.
· Masks may be removed when individuals are in reserved areas (Studio A or editing suites) with doors closed, but otherwise the mask mandate remains in place.
· All equipment will be sanitized and quarantined for two days in Studio B, which will be unavailable for reservations until further notice.
Equipment Department Policies
· The HMS Equipment Department will be open Monday – Saturday, 9am – 9pm.
· Reservations may be made for a maximum of seven days. Producers may check out equipment again two days after their last equipment return.
· Studio A will be available for one reservation per day to allow for proper disinfecting and air purification. On days when a live show is scheduled during the evening hours, Studio A reservations must be completed by 2:00pm. Please call the Equipment Department at 713-524-7700 x111 to inquire as to availability.
· Community producers will be limited to a maximum of three guests for Studio A reservations.
· Editing suites will be available for reservations, but laptops loaded with editing software are now available to check out. Please inquire at the Equipment Department regarding availability.
· Classes will continue to be available in both virtual and in-person formats. Please contact the Equipment Department to schedule a class.
No Contact Check Outs
· Any community producer so desiring may request a no-contact check out and / or return. In these instances, the equipment specified during the reservation will be loaded on a cart and placed outside the HMS Equipment Entrance for pick up and / or return.
Producer ID Fees
Due to the current pandemic, HMS has been unable to provide certain services for several periods since March. Consequently, all producers active as of March 15, 2020 will have seven months added to their active status. The 7-month “clock” will start with their first checkout after the reopening.
To make a reservation, please email Equipment Manager Alex Saenz at email@example.com. Phone reservations will not be accepted at this time.
Community producers must claim reservations within 30 minutes of the assigned day and time, or that reservation will be cancelled. This measure is in place in order to limit the number of people in the building at any one time.
Equipment Department Hours
The Equipment Department will be open during the following hours:
Monday – Saturday: 9am – 9pm
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Please do not come to HMS if you do not have a reservation. No walk-ins will be accepted.
Everyone must wear a mask while in the building, use hand sanitizer, and have a temperature check. Please do not come to HMS if you are exhibiting symptoms or if you have been in contact with an individual testing positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
Houston MediaSource will begin accepting Series Applications in September for the November 2021 through May 2022 series season. We’re excited to provide a venue for a variety of new, diverse, and out-of-the-ordinary programming!
Applications will be accepted from September 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021 at 6 p.m. Applications will be available online at hmstv.org and at the equipment desk.
Applicants will be considered if they meet all of the following requirements:
- Producer has active producer status and is current on all fees.
- Submit three all new original and local programs along with the application. These programs will be used as place-holders and for emergency use.
- At least 50% of the series programming is new and original content.
- Applicants for Live Series programs must have a certified production crew.
- Payment of the $25 non-refundable application fee due upon application submission.
- Late payments and applications will not be accepted.
As always, we will give new series applicants priority for time slot selection over applicants who are renewing previous series programs. Also, programs that are shorter in length will be prioritized over longer-length programs. All qualifying applicants will be considered, but are not guaranteed, to receive a series program slot. Block scheduling will continue to be implemented due to air time availability.
Applicants who receive confirmation letters and invoices in the mail must pay the following administrative fees in full by Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 6 p.m.:
- $200 for weekly series programs.
- $100 for bi-weekly or monthly series programs.
If payment is not received by Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 6 p.m., it will result in the loss of the series program. Late payments will not be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact Operations Manager James Danner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As has been the case throughout the pandemic, HMS continues to accept new programming. Moreover, we encourage all active producers to do what they can – given current conditions – and provide us with fresh content to run on HMS-TV. You can send video files to Operations Manager James Danner (email@example.com) via WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc. Alternately, you may mail discs to HMS 410 Roberts Houston, TX 77003 or drop them in the mailbox by the Equipment Entrance.
Houston Media Source