HMS Reopening Policies1
· Masks are optional. Additionally, a normal temperature must be verified. Anyone entering the HMS facilities must sign in with the security officer.
· Masks may be removed when individuals are in reserved areas (Studio A or editing suites) with doors closed, but otherwise the mask mandate remains in place.
· Studio B will be unavailable for reservations until further notice.
Equipment Department Policies
· The HMS Equipment Department will be open Monday – Saturday, 9am – 9pm.
· Reservations may be made for a maximum of seven days. Producers may check out equipment again two days after their last equipment return.
· Studio A will be available for one reservation per day to allow for proper disinfecting and air purification. On days when a live show is scheduled during the evening hours, Studio A reservations must be completed by 2:00pm. Please call the Equipment Department at 713-524-7700 x111 to inquire as to availability.
· Community producers will be limited to a maximum of 10 guests for Studio A reservations.
· Editing suites will be available for reservations, but laptops loaded with editing software are now available to check out. Please inquire at the Equipment Department regarding availability.
· Classes will continue to be available in both virtual and in-person formats. Please contact the Equipment Department to schedule a class.
No Contact Check Outs
· Any community producer so desiring may request a no-contact check out and / or return. In these instances, the equipment specified during the reservation will be loaded on a cart and placed outside the HMS Equipment Entrance for pick up and / or return.
Community producers must claim reservations within 30 minutes of the assigned day and time, or that reservation will be cancelled. This measure is in place in order to limit the number of people in the building at any one time.
Equipment Department Hours
The Equipment Department will be open during the following hours:
Monday – Saturday: 10am – 8pm
Please do not come to HMS if you are exhibiting symptoms or if you have been in contact with an individual testing positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
As has been the case throughout the pandemic, HMS continues to accept new programming. Moreover, we encourage all active producers to do what they can – given current conditions – and provide us with fresh content to run on HMS-TV. You can send video files to Operations Manager James Danner (email@example.com) via WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc. Alternately, you may mail discs to HMS 410 Roberts Houston, TX 77003 or drop them in the mailbox by the Equipment Entrance.
Programming Contract for Television