HMS Reopening Policies
Due to the continued need to protect community producers and staff members from the direct threat of the COVID virus, the following COVID-Related Safety Policies will be implemented, effective June 14, 2021.
· All persons will be required to wear a mask to enter the building. Additionally, a normal temperature must be verified. Anyone entering the HMS facilities must sign in with the security officer.
· Masks may be removed when individuals are in reserved areas (Studio A or editing suites) with doors closed, but otherwise the mask mandate remains in place.
· All equipment will be sanitized and quarantined for two days in Studio B, which will be unavailable for reservations until further notice.
Equipment Department Policies
· The HMS Equipment Department will be open Monday – Saturday, 9am – 9pm.
· Reservations may be made for a maximum of seven days. Producers may check out equipment again two days after their last equipment return.
· Studio A will be available for one reservation per day to allow for proper disinfecting and air purification. On days when a live show is scheduled during the evening hours, Studio A reservations must be completed by 2:00pm. Please call the Equipment Department at 713-524-7700 x111 to inquire as to availability.
· Community producers will be limited to a maximum of three guests for Studio A reservations.
· Editing suites will be available for reservations, but laptops loaded with editing software are now available to check out. Please inquire at the Equipment Department regarding availability.
· Classes will continue to be available in both virtual and in-person formats. Please contact the Equipment Department to schedule a class.
No Contact Check Outs
· Any community producer so desiring may request a no-contact check out and / or return. In these instances, the equipment specified during the reservation will be loaded on a cart and placed outside the HMS Equipment Entrance for pick up and / or return.
Producer ID Fees
Due to the current pandemic, HMS has been unable to provide certain services for several periods since March. Consequently, all producers active as of March 15, 2020 will have seven months added to their active status. The 7-month “clock” will start with their first checkout after the reopening.
To make a reservation, please email Equipment Manager Alex Saenz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone reservations will not be accepted at this time.
Community producers must claim reservations within 30 minutes of the assigned day and time, or that reservation will be cancelled. This measure is in place in order to limit the number of people in the building at any one time.
Equipment Department Hours
The Equipment Department will be open during the following hours:
Monday – Saturday: 9am – 9pm
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Please do not come to HMS if you do not have a reservation. No walk-ins will be accepted.
Everyone must wear a mask while in the building, use hand sanitizer, and have a temperature check. Please do not come to HMS if you are exhibiting symptoms or if you have been in contact with an individual testing positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
As has been the case throughout the pandemic, HMS continues to accept new programming. Moreover, we encourage all active producers to do what they can – given current conditions – and provide us with fresh content to run on HMS-TV. You can send video files to Operations Manager James Danner (email@example.com) via WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc. Alternately, you may mail discs to HMS 410 Roberts Houston, TX 77003 or drop them in the mailbox by the Equipment Entrance.
Houston Media Source
A meeting of the Board of Directors of Houston Media Source was held on July 28, 2021, and at that meeting, a discussion was held regarding the organization’s budget for FY22 (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022) and the board’s subsequent approval and adoption of this budget
Due to the urgency connected with this matter, members of the board will be polled via email, with the results of this poll to be included in the minutes of the next Houston Media Source board meeting, scheduled for January 26, 2022.